My favourite crackers so far! So easy to make, I think the prep took 15 minutes and in the oven for 10 minutes. The result is light, crispy and delicious crackers that I love having with cheese and pate. They should last for while if kept in an air tight container – mine are usually all gone by the next day or so!
2 cups buckwheat flour
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1. Mix the buckwheat flour with the oil and salt and half the water.
2. Add more water bit by bit until you have a good, uniform, non sticky dough to work with. Add extra water or flour as necessary.
3. Divide the dough in half, and roll out each part of the dough on one sheet of parchment paper. Roll as thinly as you can manage.
4. If using flavorings or toppings like sesame seeds, sprinkle them on, and then press them into the dough with the rolling pin.
5. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares or rectangles.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 200 or until browning and crispy. Be careful not to over bake or they will burn.