Superfoods fudge and balls are easy to make. You just need a food processor to blitz it all together. Healthy fudge in this case may I add, as there is strictly no added sugar and it is almost raw. Almost as I used grilled quinoa for this one. You can easily substitute quinoa with goji berries / dry fruits like apricots / raw nuts if you wanted to go raw. Even easier as you don’t have to get the oven on or burn the first batch of your quinoa like I did! I was intrigued to use quinoa this time around! Gave an earthy taste and I am hooked. Dates + cocoa taste soo delish! I brought some to work and to the box later on, they were much enjoyed.
You cannot find easier recipe than this 5 ingredients fudge.
Quinoa + Date Fudge
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 – 4 tablespoons water
- In a dry skillet, toast the quinoa on medium heat until it begins to pop and is fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes. Toss it a few times to ensure even toasting. I popped mine in the oven on high temp 200 degrees celcius for a few minutes. Keep a close eye as it gets hot very quickly – I burnt my first batch :/
- Add quinoa to a high powered blender and blend on high until it resembles the texture of flour. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil. Process until combined.
- With processor running, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough has formed.
- Line a small container (sandwich sized works great) with plastic wrap. Press dough into container and smooth with hands. Sprinkle with sea salt (if using).
- Place in freezer for 3 – 4 hours until set.
- Remove from freezer, a cut into small, 1/2″ squares (remember these are bite sized!). Store in freezer and enjoy whenever the chocolate craving hits.