What a glorious, beautiful and sunny Friday morning in Perth. Since there was some leftover almond meal from Wednesday’s baking, that called for some chocolate cupcakes. Almond meal makes these cupcakes moist with a beautiful crumb. You can add more honey to the recipe if you prefer your cupcakes more on the sweeter side 🙂
They took 5 minutes to make and are delicious and wholesome. I like them warm with a homemade strawberry sauce 🙂
Chocolate Cupcakes with Almond Meal (GF)
- 1 ½ cups (150g) almond meal / ground almonds
- ¼ cup (21 g) unsweetened good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 free range/ organic eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) macadamia nut oil, light olive oil, or cold pressed coconut oil (I used olive oil)
- 60 ml milk (¼ cup) your choice of dairy, almond or soy (I used cow’s milk)
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or rice malt syrup (I used honey)
- Preheat oven to 160 C – fan forced. 180 C no fan.
- Combine almond meal, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, oil, milk and honey then mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Spoon into 12 small individual cupcake tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes until puffed and cooked through.