Our love story with quinoa continues tonight with those cute little cookies. One look at the ingredients and I was sold. The grilled quinoa gave these cookie the crunch you want whilst the banana and avocado gave them that moist inside. These will be great for mid-afternoon snacks, or mid morning!
Healthy Quinoa Cookies (with banana and avocado) GF
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1/2 sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, completely mash the banana, avocado and nut butter together, until creamy and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Spoon the cookie dough on the cookie sheet, and gently flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 15 – 17 minutes, until browned and only slightly tender to the touch. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Store in a covered container for 2 – 3 days.
This recipe could be easily doubled, tripled, quadrupled even!